Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

Taking a shot in the dark here hoping someone can help as I've been unable to contact HP Support or find any solutions on the forums. Fair warning, my HP Officejet Pro 6835 is about 5 years old, which is apparently 300 in printer years.

I am unable to align the printhead and black ink either prints with horizontal streaks, or does not print at all. I have turned it off and on, updated, replaced paper and GENUINE HP cartridges, followed every step on their support page, looked around the internet, and apparently no one can tell me what to do when the alignment repeatedly fails. Diagnostic Wizard does not detect any issues. If the answer is get it serviced, fine great. But I can't find ANY info on how to contact HP about this or any other issue.

With the current events in the world right now, I need this printer for working from home. I need to know if this printer can be repaired by me or a technician, or if it's beyond help. Any advice greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@trashboat Alignment issues might occur when scanning or printing, and an Alignment failed or Alignment Unsuccessful error message displays on the printer control panel.

Step 1: Tips for understanding printer alignment messages

Use these tips to help complete the alignment or remove the message.

• Use clean white paper: Make sure the printer is loaded with unused, clean white paper, and then retry alignment.

• Scan page if required: If your printer has a scanner, you might see instructions on the alignment page to place the page on the scanner bed and press Scan. Follow the instructions on the alignment page to complete the scan.

• Choose 'Skip' to continue printing: If the 'Alignment Unsuccessful' message cannot be resolved, and you see a Skip button, you can choose to continue printing without alignment. Print quality might be affected.

If these tips do not resolve alignment issues, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Reset the printer

Turning the printer off, and then on again might resolve an Alignment failed error message.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

If resetting the printer does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Like I said in my post, I already tried every step you listed and on the support page. It doesn’t matter though because I had to buy a new printer that I’m sure will last a year or two before it stops working for no reason.

HP Recommended

@trashboat I just wanted to ensure you went through all the steps, if you've already got a new printer, congratulations on the new purchase,

And if you wish to get the old printer repaired, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.