Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP office jet 5255
Other

Recently the phone can no longer send to printer. The message on the Android 11 is: printer blocked, unknown certificate. I tried clearing the phone's HP app printer cash but not successful in getting it to work. Phone shows printer online and tries to print before getting printer blocked, unknown certificate message. I logged into the HP app... It suggested updating certificate, which I did, but still it does not work after trying again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ristenk

Welcome to the HP support community.

Install the HP Print Service Plugin

1. Confirm your Android device is connected to the same network as your printer, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.

2. On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English).

3. Once the installation or update is complete, choose your Android device to turn on the plugin:

• Android 7 (Nougat) and later devices: The HP Print Service Plugin turns on automatically after installation. Continue with these steps.

4. Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ristenk

Welcome to the HP support community.

Install the HP Print Service Plugin

1. Confirm your Android device is connected to the same network as your printer, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.

2. On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English).

3. Once the installation or update is complete, choose your Android device to turn on the plugin:

• Android 7 (Nougat) and later devices: The HP Print Service Plugin turns on automatically after installation. Continue with these steps.

4. Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That worked opening the pdf through the HP Smart. It still doesn't work to just open the pdf and hit print but if I just have to open it through the HP smart app to get it to work then that is good. Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Ristenk

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.