cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
ecsec
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bad printouts after (origina) black toner replacement

HP Recommended
Color laserjet CM1017 MFP (or 1015 or 2600)
Microsoft Windows XP

My MFP dated 2007, exceptional !

Just changed the black toner cartridge with an (of course) original one

Immediately problems in the printouts

- the left side of the paper sheet has a vertical, grey-dirty (say black dirty)  stripe,  say wide about 3 cm and perfectly parallel to the side of the sheet. This stripe ranges parallel to the side at about 2 cm

- actually I have an other smallest stripe, with a lighter dirty gray and more thin than the previous close to the right side of the sheet (near invisible)

- along this stripe, characters or words appear repeated from lines or images printed above, along the entire vertical lenght of this stripe

- trying the automatic clean procedure

. first pass, the stripe appears more light

. second pass, the stripe appers near invisible

- third pass, no stripe

- trying again to print, some centimeters of the sheet are good than the stripe appears again

- the test page is corrupted in the same way

========

- Trying to print with other pure colors, say magenta

- No stripe BUT, at the same place as above the magenta colour is a bit light than in other places

=======

Any idea ?

I will clean manually as I can, but do you suggest to give the blanck cartridge back ?

Kind regards and happy new year

Fabio

UPDATE

No news and no change after cleaning manually

One more info: along the stripe the print is a bit rough when touched under the fiinger, on the countrary, along the other parts of the printout, outside the stripe, where everything is OK, the printing is smooth under the fingers

1 REPLY 1
Anderson_CR
Level 4
Level 4
119 119 3 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, if the issue just started as soon as the toner was replaced, please try using the previous toner or an additional one, most probably its a toner issue. 

Regards,

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation