Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Printer HP Officejet 4620 stopped printing with black ink. Same goes when trying to copy documents

HP Recommended

Photosmart 5520. I followed all of the instructions to uninstall and reinstall. Same problem as before - Colors print, but black does not on documents but does in the Print Quality Diagnostic page. 

HP Recommended

yes

HP Recommended

I have done this. Three times.  It still does not work

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 4650. Recently installed new HP Ink cartridges and color cartridges work, but it will not print black ink

HP Recommended

Yes, copies also come out blank

HP Recommended

Has there been a solution to this? It was working fine today, then all of a sudden the black ink no longer works.

HP Recommended

Hp officejet 4620 I changed the black ink cartridge twice  im using hp recommended cartridge 564 these are expensive and I can't afford to waste anymore 

HP Recommended

No they black ink is printing blank

HP Recommended

Yes I just told you that 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.