Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3636 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

In a few words … even though I have almost half-full cartridges , my printer prints blank pages.

Can anyone help me please

thanks in advance

Nick

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Niksal74

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this happen while copying too?

Clean the ink cartridges using the HP software, and then evaluate the results.

NOTE: 

To avoid issues that require cleaning, always turn the printer off with the Power button.

Cleaning ink cartridges in Windows

Clean the ink cartridges in the Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

1. Load U.S. Letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper into the input tray.

2. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

3. Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.

The HP Printer Assistant software opens.

4. On the HP Printer Assistant window, click Maintain Your Printer.

5. Click the Device Services tab, and then click Clean Ink Cartridges ().

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Figure : Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Image: Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects
  6. Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic page.

• If the print quality is acceptable, click Done. You can stop troubleshooting.

7. If the print quality is unacceptable, click Second-level Clean when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning.

NOTE: 

If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform both levels of

cleaning again.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/model/8655002...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again

no,the  cartridge cleaning didn't help at all.

Im still printing a blank page

Do you have any other suggestions which I could do?

Thanks in advance

Nick

HP Recommended

Does this happen while copying too? Also, if you've any other set of ink cartridges, do try those.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.