Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart HP2610xi
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a 2600 All-in-One Printer which is hard wired to desktop pc with USB cord and has worked normally for MANY years (longer than any HP Printer I have had) and then out of the blue, one day I find it with all the lights on the control panel blinking rapidly, and the display "blued out" and with an error message (will update the exact error message next time it happens).   I unplugged it and replugged in and it worked normally for a good number of days and then it happens again.   If just hit the power button it also resets and works again and work for a number of days again.   This has now happened at least 6 times, and it always works for days afterward and it happens when it is sitting on stand and not part of an active operation.   I leave it plugged in and standby in 24/7.  The only other variable since this problem started iss that I bought a new brand of refilled ink cartridges online and this issue has only occurred since using them and I am also getting an excessive amount or "remove & check cartridge" notifications and have been going through these ink cartridges while they are  still 100% to 80% full...lasting from 2 pages to 50 at most (supplier had replaced them for me).

I have read multiple posts on here about blinking lights and all were based on Wireless setups (I'm wired) and from the updating to Windows 7 (but have always had windows 7- 64bit  and never had a problem).    I've never had an old HP printer last this long so I just accept it will die and i leave it on at all times even though I don't print much is it is the turning on part where all my old HP printers die (never had another brand of printer...but everyone i have had dies during a power up).

Appreciate any suggestion or help.  Also wondering if I can play this game for a while of if i need to source a new Printer asap as I can't be without one

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Notanother1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting error lights and error messages.

Please perform the hard reset and check.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on. 

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue. 

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. 

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 

Wait at least 60 seconds. 

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet. 

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer. 

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. 

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed 

Please remove the ink cartridges and reinstall them.

Please Use HP Print and Scan Doctor 

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues.  

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.