Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have seen this problem all over the community already, but nothing that has been suggested works for me. Every time I turn on my printer I receive a blue screen with a power symbol and the message 00829C98 on the interface along with the help, power, home, back, and network connection lights flashing. I have tried resetting the printer (unplugging and waiting 60 seconds) as well as replacing the ink cartridges and downloading new firmware. Today is my second day using the printer, and I probably got around 7 good pages before this issue. I think my only chance now is to hard reset, but I don't know if that's possible since I can't interact with the interface at all. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ethan05, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As the printer screen is stuck at the error, a hard reset is not possible. Since you have tried the power reset already and the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware failure. 

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.