Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9010 Series

On an almost daily basis, my All-in-One OfficeJet Pro 9015 printer will experience what I would call the Blue Screen of Death, showing Error Code 0xb305dff1 and flashing all it's lights.  The printer will not respond to any screen inputs, or turn off with the power button.  The only thing I can do is unplug the printer, wait a minute, then plug it back in.  The printer will then power up, run through a power-on check, then show the home screen.  It will then work fine until the next time the BSOD shows.

I have the most current firmware installed (firmware version MANHTNPP1N002.2042A.00) and have run through the procedure to reset the printer (power on, pull ink cartridges, unplug power cord, plug in again after more than 60 sec, re-installing cartridges, power off and back on). 

Have tried searching the forums and internet - no luck.  This printer has had problems before, where it would lock up and not respond to any input, requiring unplugging and reconnecting power to get it back.  HP tech support worked with me to fix that, and it seemed to be resolved by pulling the ink cartridges and re-installing (resetting).

Any help would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@JemezKen

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Betty.

Actually, the HP Contact Support page is not much help, as the only option is apparently to purchase an HP Care Pack for my out of warranty printer.  I fail to understand why a SPECIFIC error code appearing on the PRINTER screen will not generate ANY specific solutions.  This is not like a generic error code saying something like "Printer Error"  It is (or SHOULD be) a hard-coded error code, generated for a specific error condition the printer has encountered.  If HP does not have this error condition in your knowledge database, then they need to correct the omission.

Thank you for replying, though.

HP Recommended

I have the same concern. Why unplug power for even 10 seconds solves the problem for an hour or two before the death screen reappears. Someone in HP knows what is wrong and selling a questionable service package with no guarantee that it will help just smells bad.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and can not seem to solve it.  My printer is also out of warranty and I can not pay for tech support to solve the issue.  Apparently this is a problem for HP to fix since I am not the only one having this issue.

HP Recommended

The measure of a company is NOT how good they are when their products work.  It's how they respond when there are problems with their product....

HP Recommended

@JemezKen @cthomas1 @nandy44

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again, Betty,

I'm trying to figure out if HP is actually working this issue.  I did get a private message from GeorgeSoMe on the 18th of January, requesting some basic information, and a promise to get back to me.  I replied a few days later, after returning from a short trip.  So far, no acknowledgement that my reply got through, and no further communication. 

I need to know whether HP can - or wants to help me, or do I need to start looking for a new printer.  Needless to say, although when the printer works, I really like product it produces, if I can't get it fixed, I will probably lean towards another printer from someone else, as the printer support has left a bit to be desired.

Ken

HP Recommended

i am also having the same exact error message and issue as everyone here.  HP OfficeJet Pro 9015.  with the error same error message which is impossible to get rid of.  This printer is less than 1 year old and is not just a cheap budget printer. 

i would like an answer to what the mysterious error message means, and the root cause is that makes that show up.  

HP Recommended

Hello Betty 

It would be nice to find out if HP is actually working on this issue.  There are many people that are having the same problem problem and error message.  I know my printer is only about a year old and I didn't start having this problem continuously until late December 2020 / January 2021.  It is now happening almost every hour.  I need to look before I send anything to the printer to make sure it is not flashing.  It has become very frustrating and aggravating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.