Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-21-2023 09:09 PM
When I plug my printer in, it goes through updates, states it's updated, then returns a blue screen with the power button icon and the code 89F2001. I have tried removing cartridges, unplugging from back for thirty seconds and then turning back on, but I still receive the error. The problem is I don`t have access to the screen to restore factory settings, but to do so I turned off the wifi enable to skip the update process and I had only 20 sec before the screen goes blue again. I did so and I restored the factory setting but when I turn it on again I got the same problem. How can I fix this error? Thank you
02-25-2023 10:55 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are getting blue control panel screen with error code 89F2001 on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-In-One Printer.
Please follow the steps listed below for product reset:
1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
2. Leave printer on and completely idle for at least 1 hour.
3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. Now check the control panel display.
You may also upgrade the firmware by following this document.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community