Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm experiencing a print quality issue when I print a PDF copy of a CAD drawing... All vertical lines are crisp and sharp, but all horizontal lines, text and curves are pixelated. It's a new printer, with new, full, genuine cartridges.

I've tried changing the print quality to 'best' but that doesn't change anything. The PDF on screen is sharp.

Grateful for any help.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorted now, HP support told me to uninstall and reinstall as a TCP/ IP and that worked. Maybe a driver or software issue. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page, does it look ok?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

D11CB2E6-CD09-444F-8863-CFB099726671.jpeg

HP Recommended

16C71391-74FE-4A5F-9D15-D76C072A429D.jpeg

HP Recommended

I’m not sure if the pictures came through ok in here, but yes, the diagnostic is fine....

HP Recommended

That looks like a font problem, can you verify what font is being used in the PDF?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

It’s not just text it’s lines from the CAD drawing too. The font is Arial. 

HP Recommended

Can you try printing from another PDF reader?

HP Recommended

Sorted now, HP support told me to uninstall and reinstall as a TCP/ IP and that worked. Maybe a driver or software issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.