Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

please share solution with me please. Same printer model. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue as mentioned above

HP Recommended

@BShav, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you using the same model printer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, HP Envy 7155. I recently purchased the printer and it didn't come with any setup cartridges or I didn't see them and threw them out. I purchased the cartridges from HP no knowing I needed setup cartridges

HP Recommended

@BShav

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm confused by your instructions. The printer has a digital display the home and back buttons aren't illuminated. the printer displays an error and says to install setup cartridges which I don't have. There is no option to go home. Is it possible to order setup cartridges? 

HP Recommended

I would really appreciate a timely response. I sent multiple responses to your private message and this thread to ask for further assistance and have heard nothing. I have attempted to call the customer support line and have waited for over 45 minutes and no one ever picks up. 

Please tell me what I need to do to get support from HP? So far my experience has been terrible. 

HP Recommended

@BShav

There is no option to order setup ink cartridges. The keys/buttons may not be lit up which is alright, tap it 4 times consecutively in the order mentioned in my message from the home screen of the printer to get the support menu.

If you are not able to reach the support menu, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need the instructions for this as well, thanks 

HP Recommended

@Mel110, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I believe you are using the HP Envy 7155 printer. I have sent you the instructions via a private message. Kindly check the same.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.