Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet CP4025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP CP4025 - 49.FF03 Device Failure - will not come to ready state.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, i would recommend downloading firmware to the printer to see if that fixes your issue. Here is the link for the firmware for your model. I recommend the Easy Firmware Upgrade Utility.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwivz8au_97rA...

Hope this helps, Thanks

Hope this helps, thanks.
HP Recommended

@CaineThePaine  is correct, a firmware update will likely resolve the issue. However if it currently does not come to ready, you will need to try the following.

1. Disconnect any USB or network cables and power cycle the printer. If it comes to ready then you will be able to update the firmware, however you need to clear any print jobs from the queue on the computer so that the printer will come to ready while connected, this is because in most cases the bad print job that caused the 49 error will still be in the computer and will crash the printer again if not cleared. If the printer is currently connected via network you could connect by USB to perform the update, however once reconnected to the network the bad print job will likely still crash the printer, even with new firmware.

2. Once you have the printer at ready while connected to the computer, use the easy firmware update. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Cannot get printer to Ready state, (6/6), so I cannot download any firmware to the printer.

Only options to navigate on screen are: Skip Disk Load / Skip FSCK / Skip Calibration / Manufacturing / NVRAM Init.

Have rebooted printer several times; removed cables and rebooted several times; have completely powered down unit several times. Nothing worked

Problem is not having printer in Ready state to accept any Firmware.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.