Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 All-in-One

Hi,

I'm basically looking at this printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 All-in-One) and need to know if it prints on card stock? and if so, what is the maximum weight of card that I can use?

I've tried looking online, and some online retailers just say that it prints A3, A4 and envelopes, but some people in forums are saying they've managed to successfully use cardstock, however I also know this could damage the printer over time.

Any advice greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SofiB
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, Your printer can print on plain or speciality paper. Load plain paper, legal-size paper, custom envelopes, or index cards like Hagaki, in the printer.

Load speciality sized photo paper or index cards like Hagaki print side down into the paper tray before you print.

1. Pull out the paper tray.

Figure: Pulling out the paper tray

Pulling out the paper tray
  2. Slide-out the paper-width guides as far as possible.

Figure: Sliding out paper-width guides

Sliding out paper-width guides
  3. Insert a stack of cards or photo paper print side down in portrait orientation in the center of the tray.

Figure : Inserting paper or card print side down

Insert paper or card print side down
  4. Make sure the stack of cards or photo paper does not exceed the paper fill guide on the side of the tray.

Figure: Paper fill guide in the paper tray

Paper fill guide in the paper tray
  5. Slide in the paper guides until they rest against the stack of cards or photo paper.

Figure: Sliding in the paper width guides

Sliding in the paper width guides
  6. Close the tray extender, and then insert the paper tray into the printer.

Figure : Closing the tray extender and inserting the paper tray into the printer

Inserting the paper tray
  7. Pull out the output tray extension to the desired length.
    NOTE: Before printing on the cards or photo paper, select the correct paper size and settings when printing or copying.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.