Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 5546

I am wanting to start an online boutique printing into dog clothing and matching adults t shirts etc. Can I use my own printer for this or will I need a new one. I have researched but just says I need an inkjet printer. J need to be able to print heat transfers 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can use your printer, but printing photos on an iron transfer paper consumes a lot of ink, you will not be able to print much, maybe 15 sheets with full ink cartridges. Not sure is your printer cost-effective.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Is their a better printer that will be more cost effective? Currently we use the instant ink where we get sent new ink when we get low and only pay about £3each time  but we hardly use it. 

HP Recommended

If you are on an instant ink then go for it, you are paying instant ink service by page, not by ink consumed.

Don't forget to mirror the image before printing.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.