cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
ETL
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Can infrequent use of HP PageWide printer cause a problem like on InkJet printer

HP Recommended
HP PageWide Printer

On the new HP PageWide printer, if I only have infrequent use, will the ink clog or dry like it does on InkJet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarenT
Level 4
Level 4
83 73 7 16
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in and powered up, will be fine. 

Unplugged or powered off, 3 months is the stated longest we would want to see it go. 

HP Product Expert for the Officejet Pro X and PageWide Pro Series.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
GarenT
Level 4
Level 4
83 73 7 16
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As long as the printer is plugged in and turned on, the printer will run in a background mode once in a while to maintain the print system. 

What model of printer do you have?

ETL
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't have a printer yet, I am researching. Looking at the PageWide Pro series.

The printer is for a remote office that the user visit a few times a year, so the printer will remain unused for several months at a time. On InkJet, we have to print something weekly or so to make sure it does not clog. So I'm interested in knowing if the PageWide printers suffers from that too or not so I can see if it's an advantage on that front or not.

GarenT
Level 4
Level 4
83 73 7 16
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plugged in and powered up, will be fine. 

Unplugged or powered off, 3 months is the stated longest we would want to see it go. 

View solution in original post

Darryl_B
Level 2
Level 2
11 5 1 2
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The above comments are all correct in the automatic servicing scheduling.  If you ensure that the printbar gets capped when powered down and understand that you will likely have some initial issues, there are printhead cleaning steps that can clean the nozzles pretty effectively.  However, it is not completely immune to nozzle issues over such a long period of time.

I am an HP employee.
fhamedy
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the printer unplugged for about 3 months actually. the blck ink is not printing at all now. this is a pagewide 477 dw.

Thanks so much for all your help in advance.

fhamedy
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation