cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
LazerFlash
Level 2
10 5 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can "Setup" cartidges be refilled and safely reinstalled?

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7740 Wide Format

The subject says it all... I have used Costco's refill service over the past few years to refill HP 02 cartridges with no problems. Can I do the same with the HP 952 Setup cartridges installed in my HP OfficeJet 7740 Wide Format printer? The Geek Squad guy at Best Buy told me "sure, no problem", but I've read that the Setup cartridges are special one-time-use-only cartridges. So, what's the answer?

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
35,927 20,916 3,345 12,086
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LazerFlash 

My opinion:

Setup cartridges are "one time use".  They can be used until empty after their primary function is completed (to initialize the ink system).  

Using refilled cartridges of any kind is not supported on HP printers.

You can do what you like, of course.  While not supported and using refilled cartridges does break (void) any existing warranty on the printer, people do make the decision to use this type of ink option for a variety of reasons.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation