Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7740 Wide Format

The subject says it all... I have used Costco's refill service over the past few years to refill HP 02 cartridges with no problems. Can I do the same with the HP 952 Setup cartridges installed in my HP OfficeJet 7740 Wide Format printer? The Geek Squad guy at Best Buy told me "sure, no problem", but I've read that the Setup cartridges are special one-time-use-only cartridges. So, what's the answer?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LazerFlash 

My opinion:

Setup cartridges are "one time use".  They can be used until empty after their primary function is completed (to initialize the ink system).  

Using refilled cartridges of any kind is not supported on HP printers.

You can do what you like, of course.  While not supported and using refilled cartridges does break (void) any existing warranty on the printer, people do make the decision to use this type of ink option for a variety of reasons.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.