Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 ALL-IN-ONE
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm trying to print, we have lots of ink, and the printer says there's a problem with our HP Instant Ink account and that it won't let us print anymore.

We recently cancelled our HP Instant Ink service because we do not print a lot and do not need a constant supply of ink.

And now HP is BRICKING our printer for no reason. I have ink. It's in the printer.

LET. ME. PRINT. WITH. THE. INK. I. ALREADY. BOUGHT. FROM. YOU. GUYS.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you still have your instant ink cartridges in your printer?

After you cancel and your billing cycle has ended, you'll no longer be abe to print with instant ink cartridges because you are no longer enrolled. Your printer will work fine with non instant ink cartridges (a full set).

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Biggest scam I've ever seen in my life. NEVER will we ever buy any HP products ever again at ANY of my future workplaces. I can't believe HP has resorted to digital verification of INK CARTRIDGES. We have FULL ink cartridges that we have already paid for that you are denying us the ability to use. This should be **bleep**ing illegal you pieces of **bleep**.

HP Recommended

Hi,

With intsant ink you only pay for the pages printed, not the cartirdges themselves. Instnat ink supply the cartridge sto ensure that you have sufficient ink to meet your printing needs (while enrolled).

Once you cancel the plan, you can no longer print any pages using the instant ink cartridge system - hence not being able to use the cartridges.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I concur with many other posts regarding the 'Instant Ink' scam.  Advice to anyone considering this service, do not go there.  I signed up a couple of years ago with a new relatively expensive new HP printer unit.  I have received no cartridges from HP since then.  Subsequently I had to buy OEM HP cartridges from a retail outlet.  Cue the message on the printer 'incompatible cartridges', and 'user intervention'.  So I can no longer use this unit it appears.  I have now served notice on this scam of a service.  Which prompted an email from HP advising me to return cartridges in some sort of recycle bag which I never received.  I received neither cartridges or recycle bag.  Given my unit no longer works it is a trip to the dump.  I will never buy HP again.  Scam of a service and an obvious waste of money on the actual hardware device.  Also impossible to contact HP about this issue.  I had to serve notice to get some sort of automated email it appears.  Accompanied by telephone numbers to contact HP.  Ahh I thought.  At least I may be able to speak to someone.  Alas, no.  HP staff do not work at the weekend.  Absolute joke of a service.

HP Recommended

Alas, I too fell for the same scam when I bought my "printer" at best buy. I did not recieve the last cartridges ordered and paid for , I am trying to print, but HP is holding my printer hostage!!!!!!! I am not using the instantink. The account should be cancelled, there is no longer an account, I bought ink at staples, and still I get a message to  go to instant whatever .com. which was no help. AND I STILL CAN NOT PRINT. WORTHLESS, my HP envy series all in one 7155 is not worth the room it takes up. we have called,  next I will file a complaint with the pennsylvania Atty generals office.  the BBB is as worthless as my hp printer, which was not cheap. I am also going on rip off report and anywhere else I can to let everyone know. Since I cant print I am going to pitch a B@&*h!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hello community!

In the link below you will find the instant ink policies. Read the following topic under signup and account: "What happens if you cancel instant ink?" for the rules of the service to be clarified.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/printers/instant-ink/faq.html#:~:text=HP%20Instant%20Ink%20cartridges%20wil....

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.