Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All in One Series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just bought a new 'OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All in One Series' printer for the only reason that I need to print 11 x 17 docs but I cannot get 11 x 17 docs to print from a flash drive, the flatbed, or from a connected computer.

1) Is it not possible to print 11 x 17 from the flash drive? It seems to only receive docs as 'small photos' and that's it.

2) If printing from the flatbed, the only option on the display shows '8.5 x 11' in tray 2 when it's  actually11 x 17 paper in tray two. I factory reset the printer and it still will not verify 11 x 17 paper is in tray 2. No matter what, 11 x 17 is the only option. It seems the printer should be able to print 11 x 17 without being connected to a computer. Is that not possible? 

3) The HP software on the computer also does not show any option for 11 x 17, only 8.5 x 11.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There's a typo in Point 2. It should read: No matter what, 8.5 x 11 is the only option.

HP Recommended

Hi,

For a Flash drive, you can only print photos, the printer cannot print documents directly from a flash drive.

For printing and scanning from a computer, be sure to install the HP Basic or Full Feature software by following HP Easy Start below:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL56399/HPEasyStart_12_2_5163_01.exe

For scanning, from the HP Scan software change the source to Flatbed Glass and then  you may select A3 size, not when setting the source to Document Feeder (If Loaded).

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.