Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello! I am trying to set up my HP ENVY 6055 printer and it will not let me connect my printer to the Smart App. I believe the problem is that the light is not going purple (to start the set up process) and there is no Set Up HP Printer wifi network. I did not connect the printer to wifi because there is no button on the printer dashboard that says connect to wifi (there is a light for wifi but it is not on). This might be the problem.

How to I get the printer to connect to my wifi?

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jennamosc Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the printer with wifi.

Make sure your printer is turned on and your mobile device or computer is on the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

1. To use your printer on a wireless network, you need the following items:

• A compatible computer or mobile device connected to your wireless network

• Internet access

2. Make sure the router and computer or mobile device are turned on.

3. Make sure the computer or mobile device is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer.

4. Set up the printer, load paper into the input tray, and install the ink cartridges. For more information about setting up the printer, go to First Time Printer Setup.

5. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.

Also, refer to the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06557114

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.