Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8610 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

[edit]  Very frustrating.  Since I got rid of the instant ink service as I no longer need it, I cannot connect the 8610 Printer to any device.  No matter what I reboot, what analysis I run, it will not install.  It says it cannot find it, however, if you run scan Dr. a couple of times it does pop up but it is grayed out and you cannot do anything with it.  ANy ideas would be most brilliant.  I can be reached at [edit]  TY in advance.

Larry Herring

[edit]

Larry Herring
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you tried restoring the 8610 network settings?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

So what I have found out it is the 8610 Software.  I used the Microsoft Fax/Scanner tool and it works just fine on both devices, however the 8610 specific software does not work on two different devices.  Strange problem and this only occured after I stopped the instant ink program.  Any houghts on how to ge this back to normal with the information provided? Ty in advance.

Larry Herring

HP Recommended

Have you tried to uninstall the HP software & then reinstall it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, I have un-installed and re-installed a couple of times.  I beleive since instant ink uses the cloud and ever since I stopped using that service, this problem has come up.  I beleive there is something stuck in this process.

Larry Herring

HP Recommended

Did you try to reset the network settings on the printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.