Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have to choose to either connect to my wifi or connect to my printer. They wont connect "together" I have to switch back and forth to be able to use them. They are both on the same home network but wont work at the same time. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kari096

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

If both computer and printer are connected to the same Network try running the HP Print And Scan Doctor: 

Link:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe 

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.