Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
E710n

There are no error messages and I can print with color but no black and white even with new cartridge. Only using HP branded cartridges

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ron181,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Appreciate all your time and efforts, this could be a problem with the print head.

If the copy is working fine this could be a driver issue if not follow the below steps.

Use the automated tool to clean the printhead

From the control panel, use an automated tool to clean the printhead.

NOTE: 

To avoid issues that require cleaning the printhead, always turn the printer off with the Power button on the printer itself.

1. On the home screen of the printer control panel, touch the right arrow  to display the second navigation screen.

2. Touch the Setup icon .

The Setup Menu displays.

3. Touch the down arrow , and then touch Tools.

4. Touch Clean Printhead. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints out a test page.

5. Evaluate the test page for print quality.

Figure : Example of the printhead cleaning test page

Image: Example of the printhead cleaning  test page.
    • If the print quality on the test page is satisfactory, touch No to return to the current print job.

• If the print quality on the test page is not satisfactory, touch Yes to perform a secondary cleaning of the printhead.

There are two printhead cleaning stages. Complete both stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the second cleaning cycle to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6500a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-e710/4083974/mod... use this link: for your reference.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Raj

i did exactly what you said and there was no print only the color blocks were on the page. I will try in another 30 minutes as u mentioned and let u know. If that does not work what are my options? 

Thx so much for your prompt reply and excellent directions on what to do.

HP Recommended

@Ron181

Appreciate all your time and efforts, this could be a hardware issue with the printer.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.