Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cant print after update to win 10  2004 version. Everything was fine before that. I can print testside from HP - but nog from my documents - i can also copy from the scanner - but not print my documents. I have testing for fails, en removed the printers and installed them again - still none of them is working.  It is a network printer Envy 5640 as the primary printer, and usb connected deskjet 3760. Have been contacting Microsoft - and they are asking me to contact HP. So been working for a solution long time now - but no results. Thanks. Jens

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@snej Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to print after windows update.

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below: 

  

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions. 

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated. 

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane. 

  

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi - thank you for the answer. I tryed what you suggest, but it is still not working - it is not able to print a testside after following the, suggestion.

Regards  Jens

HP Recommended

@snej  I'm afraid drivers for the same are not available yet, 

Under these circumstances, there are only two options,

• You can either wait for the update to be released, while using HP Smart App instead (not sure when an update would be released)
  • Or, you can downgrade the windows, and disable auto updates for the time being and continue using the printer instead.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - thanks for your reply. For the time being, I will await the situation and hope for an update soon. In the meantime, I would like to wonder that it is not possible for two world-wide companies to provide a solution to their customers, but simply leave their customers in a vaccum. I've been using Microsoft and HP since 1992, but situations like this one, get me ready to consider alternatives. But thanks again for your reply. Regards Jens

By the way the smart app cant be used either.

HP Recommended

@snej Wise choice, and I must say both HP and Microsoft are working on a solution and we should have good results soon,

That said, when an update is available you should be notified via the HP Support Assistant.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.