Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 5020
macOS 10.14 Mojave

"It is very frustrating that I get the error "Cartridges cannot be used until enrolled", I have tried what was describe here but to no solution. I am registered and have full newly unused Cartridges which I got 2 months back from HP but I am stuck with this error. I tried removing printer and re-adding but same.

My hpinstantink dashboard page says the following

"We shipped you ink, however your billing won't begin until you install an HP Instant Ink cartridge. Use your current cartridges until empty, then install the shipped ink."

Can someone help me! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @mahassan, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting an error Cartridges cannot be used until the printer is enrolled in HP instant ink.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you enrolled in HP instant ink program?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

If you use HP ePrint but do not have an HP Connected account, your printer Web Services might be already turned on, but the printer claim code might be expired. HP Instant Ink enrollment requires you to create an HP Connected account and register your printer with a valid printer claim code.
To obtain a valid printer claim code, turn off Web Services using the printer control panel, and then turn on Web Services again.
Touch or press the HP ePrint icon, and then touch or press Settings.
If your printer control panel does not have a button or icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.
Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove Web Services, depending on your printer model.
Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.
Turn on Web Services again.
The information page prints with a new printer claim code.
   NOTE:
When you turn on Web Services again, your printer receives a new email address for HP ePrint. After you create an HP Connected account, you can customize the printer email address. Go to Setting Up an HP Connected Account for more information about customizing the printer email address.
After you turn on Web Services again, complete the steps in this document to Sign up and use the claim code to add your printer to HP Instant Ink to create an HP Connected account and enroll in HP Instant Ink.

Also, Please share few details in a private message, if you think the above statement didn't answer your query, so I can check the account details.

Printer Model Name

Serial Number of the printer

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling in HP instant ink. Click Here

Also, refer this article to know more about instant ink. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi ,

I did try what you said but still nothing.  How can I find the following in bold?

Printer Model Name : HP Envy 5030 

Serial Number of the printer

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

HP Recommended

@angethomp, thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you need to know how to obtain the instant ink details.

Refer this article to know more information about obtaining the printer details. Click Here

Also, Refer this article to know more information about obtaining the instant ink account details. Click Here

Note: Please send both details through a private message as the details are restricted to share over a public post.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.