Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Cartridge Error / Failure

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Out of nowhere, started getting this cartridge error that won't clear. I did all of the troubleshooting it asked of me multiple times, there's nothing that's resolving this issue. I had brand new ink in, even so, I replaced them yet again with another brand new set, and it's still happening. It's specifically pointing to the color cartridge according to the HP Smart App, it's reading the black one. Do I just need to go out and buy a new printer (obviously not HP). I'm very frustrated, and disappointed as I've only had this printer for about two and a half years, and it's seldom used. 

Please post advice to actually resolve this, if it's just the same troubleshooting tips, message will be ignored.

Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation