09-07-2020 09:26 AM
I'm receiving a message to "remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge) and doing so has no effect. I do not get the message if I install an empty cartridge, but of course, it doesn't print. I'm assuming that there is some defect in the cartridge but I have no way of telling without purchasing another. Any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-10-2020 05:01 AM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please try these steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and clean the electrical contacts with lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Also ensure your printer Firmware is updated. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
09-10-2020 05:30 AM
I'm receiving a message to "remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge) and doing so has no effect. I do not get the message if I install an empty cartridge, but of course, it doesn't print. I'm assuming that there is some defect in the cartridge but I have no way of telling without purchasing another. Any ideas? i have cleaned contacts using a lint free cloth and swithch printer off as per previous reply
09-10-2020 09:41 AM
KrazyToad, it just doesn't work, I've followed your suggestion several times and I'm still coming up with the "Remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge....." message. I'm guessing that the cartridge is bad. I'm in the Instant Ink program. How do I get another?
09-11-2020 12:38 PM
@Gavin56F Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!
Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
(If it's the same printer as that of the OP, please follow the below steps from the link I've shared and let me know if you have an Instant Ink subscription?
its most likely a hardware malfunction and I suggest you follow the below steps to get started:
We got you covered, we'll help you with the new cartridge, please check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers:
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
We eagerly await your response,
Help us, help you.
And Take care.
I am an HP Employee
09-12-2020 06:58 PM
Thanks for replying.
I have placed the order for replacement ink.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee