Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I’ve just bought Cartridge 122 for my HP1510 deskjet printer as per HP website’s cartridge recommendations for the African region (current location). However, the cartridge isn’t working and the error displayed is ‘Cartridge not compatible’. How do I resolve this? Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If 61 cartridges are listed, this printer is intended to be sold in North America or Canada and probably been purchased from a retailer after a gray import and not an official HP import to Africa.

I suggest contacting your retailer for help with any such, as such a printer is not intended to be sold in Kenya.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you moved with the printer from another country?

You must contact a local support representative to set the printer to accept the local cartridges after moving to another country:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

Shlomi

HP Recommended

No, I haven’t moved with the printer from another country. 

HP Recommended

Please open the cartridge access door, can you see HP 122 cartridges listed there?

What is your exact product number? as there is also an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1510 model, which uses different ink numbers:

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c03770424

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Product No. B2L56A

I’ve checked the cartridge access door and the cartridge listed is 61, however, I’ve only been able to find 122 in my country and I assumed it would work based on HP’s suggestion. Is there any way that 122 cartridges can work seeing as I have no other options?

HP Recommended

If 61 cartridges are listed, this printer is intended to be sold in North America or Canada and probably been purchased from a retailer after a gray import and not an official HP import to Africa.

I suggest contacting your retailer for help with any such, as such a printer is not intended to be sold in Kenya.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.