Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

I am sorry for the trouble !

1,Which model is better to buy for the usual home?

-Laser MFP M137FNW

-LaserJetPro M227FDW

-LaserJetPro M428FDN

-LaserJetPro M428FDW

-M283fdn

2,What's the difference between them?

3.I want to choose LaserJetPro M227FDW.What is your opinion?

4,How did you determine what the printer model LaserJet Pro M227FDWsupports

-eprint

-wireless ?

5,How do I find the page where I can find how many pages are left to print? (How much toner is left)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

1,Which model is better to buy for the usual home? It all depends on how much printing you will do.

-Laser MFP M137FNW

-LaserJetPro M227FDW

-LaserJetPro M428FDN

-LaserJetPro M428FDW

-M283fdn

2,What's the difference between them? The difference comes down mostly to what volume the device is designed for both for printing and for functions like scanning. The important thing to understand is the letters after the model number

f=fax

d= duplex printing

n= wired networking

w= wireless networking

3.I want to choose LaserJetPro M227FDW.What is your opinion? If you have a lower print volume the M227 is a fine product for home. 

-eprint

-wireless ?

see specs here https://www8.hp.com/h20195/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4aa6-7490eee

M428 specs https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c06330387.pdf

A big difference between the 227 and 428 is that the 227 uses a two piece toner and drum supply and the M428 uses the all in one cartridge that HP has used for years. If you are printing low volues the 227 is great because you only need to buy toner  (1600 or 3500 pages) most of the time and then a drum every 23,000 pages. On the M428 the standard cartridge is rated for 4000 pages, the high yield is rated to 10,000 pages.

They all support E-print and Airprint.

5,How do I find the page where I can find how many pages are left to print? (How much toner is left)

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

1,Which model is better to buy for the usual home? It all depends on how much printing you will do.

-Laser MFP M137FNW

-LaserJetPro M227FDW

-LaserJetPro M428FDN

-LaserJetPro M428FDW

-M283fdn

2,What's the difference between them? The difference comes down mostly to what volume the device is designed for both for printing and for functions like scanning. The important thing to understand is the letters after the model number

f=fax

d= duplex printing

n= wired networking

w= wireless networking

3.I want to choose LaserJetPro M227FDW.What is your opinion? If you have a lower print volume the M227 is a fine product for home. 

-eprint

-wireless ?

see specs here https://www8.hp.com/h20195/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4aa6-7490eee

M428 specs https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c06330387.pdf

A big difference between the 227 and 428 is that the 227 uses a two piece toner and drum supply and the M428 uses the all in one cartridge that HP has used for years. If you are printing low volues the 227 is great because you only need to buy toner  (1600 or 3500 pages) most of the time and then a drum every 23,000 pages. On the M428 the standard cartridge is rated for 4000 pages, the high yield is rated to 10,000 pages.

They all support E-print and Airprint.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your HELP!

1,How to understand a lot or little I print on the printer?

2,Can the model LaserJetPro M227FDW  work over a wired network?

3,How do I find the page where I can find how many pages are left to print? (How much toner is left)

4,What is the model year?

-Laser MFP M137FNW

-LaserJetPro M227FDW

-LaserJetPro M428FDN

-LaserJetPro M428FDW

-M283fdn

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.