Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Chromebook
Chrome OS

Unable to print with Error of Filter Failed. Below are configuration details

Printer: HP Deskjet 3050

Connection : Connected via USB

A blank page , less than 1 MB too is not printing citing FIlter Failed error.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is a known issue since the latest ChromeOS udpate that is affecting older HP Printers.

There is a work around in the meantime:

1. Install the HP PRINT SERVICE PLUGIN from the Google Play Store.
2. Go to print something but choose the SAVE AS PDF option instead of the normal printer.
3. Save the file someplace you will find it in your FILES.
4. Go into FILES, find the file, click to highlight it and then click the SHARE icon in the upper right-hand corner.
5. In this new pop-up window, select your printer, select any options you need (1 or 2 sided, color or black&white, etc.) and then hit the printer icon in the upper right-hand corner.

It's a slight inconvenience, but it works! Hopefully Google will fix this bug in the next ChromeOS release.
HP Recommended

I guess my printer needs wifi for that. Does not find my printer p2015d with that method. Quite annoying as this worked fine until a few weeks ago.  

HP Recommended

does it mean i have to change from chrome book in order to pick my printer up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.