Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4655
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My printer has quit collating. I am using it on my home WiFi. I tried connecting it directly to the printer by USB, no different. It worked fine until a couple of days ago. The HP support tells me that I am up-to-date. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @TomLTodd,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues collating. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Check to see if the printer driver is showing the Officejet 4655.

Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name and click the - button to delete that AirPrint driver.

Then click on the + sign and select Add Other Printer or Scanner.

Highlight your printer, under Use: make sure it shows your printer name instead of Airprint. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in)

Then click on the add button.

Here are a couple of screenshots.

airprint.jpg

airprint2.jpg

If you are still having issues, please try the following steps:

Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac:

Close all applications.

On the Apple menu bar, click Go, click Applications and then click Utilities.

Double-click Disk Utility.

Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left.

Click Verify and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Restart the computer.

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.

Click Printers & Scanners.

Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system.

Click OK to confirm the reset.

Type the correct Name and Password.

Click OK to reset the printing system.

Then click the + sign to add the driver, highlight the printer. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name) Then click on the Add button.

Try again.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @TomLTodd,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues collating. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Check to see if the printer driver is showing the Officejet 4655.

Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name and click the - button to delete that AirPrint driver.

Then click on the + sign and select Add Other Printer or Scanner.

Highlight your printer, under Use: make sure it shows your printer name instead of Airprint. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in)

Then click on the add button.

Here are a couple of screenshots.

airprint.jpg

airprint2.jpg

If you are still having issues, please try the following steps:

Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac:

Close all applications.

On the Apple menu bar, click Go, click Applications and then click Utilities.

Double-click Disk Utility.

Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left.

Click Verify and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Restart the computer.

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.

Click Printers & Scanners.

Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system.

Click OK to confirm the reset.

Type the correct Name and Password.

Click OK to reset the printing system.

Then click the + sign to add the driver, highlight the printer. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name) Then click on the Add button.

Try again.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Gemini02,    The solution is worth more than a thumbs up. I had to go all the way through the printer setup, but it is now working and you may not know what that means. I am working on a 200+ page document and couldn't face collating manually. Thank you ever so much.

Tom todd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.