Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One Inkjet 4270
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is no color option to select when I try to print. My document came out all black instead of having color on wording that I use color.

I've been using HP Printer all my life and this one is the 4th so far. There are always options to select Black, Color, Grayscale or something like that.

I'm installed my printer via HP Smart and just downloaded the software and installed it again. There must be a way to get the option to print in color for my documents (colors for words not image nor background). I can see the PDF print preview in color but not in Words.

I also just update Microsoft Office today.

Annotation 2019-08-21 114800.pngAnnotation 2019-08-23 222344.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

images gone for no reason. Here they'reAnnotation 2019-08-21 114800.pngAnnotation 2019-08-23 222344.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy and check.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL,

Thank you so much for your help. It worked as supposed to now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.