Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having printed the alignment page twice, the colour ink cartridge went out of alignment and has now stopped working.

The printer shows an error message on its screen saying

"Ink Cartridges Problem

[oval symbol of colour ink]

Remove and re-install the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed, and then touch OK."

The black ink cartridge works fine, but the colour one has completed failed for no rhyme or reason.

I've tried reinserting both cartridges, the contacts are clean, the printer firmware is up-to-date etc. Now I have a half full 62 XL EXPENSIVE colour ink cartridge I can no longer use. Can HP please replace it?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The colour ink cartridge is still under warranty. How do I get it exchanged?

HP Recommended

Been going round in circles trying to find a way to contact HP to get this ink cartridge replaced. How do I get this faulty cartridge exchanged for a working one?

HP Recommended

@Dave3332, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the color ink cartridge is defective. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

If you have tried the steps from this document and the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

I have also sent a private message with additional contact information. Kindly check the same.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.

Nothing has worked and I cannot get through to HP support. It just directs me to the virtual support agent (which does not solve the problem).

So I'm stuck with a mostly full HP colour ink cartridge that does not work! 😠

Why can't it just be easy to arrange a replacement instead of going round in circles that lead back to the start?

HP Recommended

@Dave3332

I have sent you a private message with the number to contact the HP technical support team for the replacement. Kindly check the same.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have phoned HP support, but I CANNOT GET THROUGH TO A PERSON.

It refers me to the virtual agent, but the ink cartridge DOES NOT HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER, so I CANNOT GET THROUGH TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Dave3332

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.