Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9020

Can anyone please provide me a contact email address or telephone number in order to escalate my complaint to HP. My officejet Pro 9020 series paper tray was recently discovered to  be damaged. On the back of the tray 1 of the 2 teeth has broken off and the printer is telling me that I have not inserted tray 2 when it has been inserted. I suspect because of this damage to the paper tray. I have also found that my printing is more frequently getting jammed although I am not sure if this is related to the damaged paper tray. My 12 month manufacturer warranty has recently expired, although this is altogether another matter as I was to be given a free 3 year warranty but did not get this. I am only under a 12 month manufacturer warranty. I purchased the Care Package, and contacted their support team and have been told that the paper tray is irreplaceable. As such I would have to purchase a replacement printer and they would provide me a discount code towards this purchase. As I needed a reliable printer, I sourced for HP's top of the range printer and this was acquired 12 months ago for approximately £200. Bearing in mind that this is for domestic and not commercial use. A replacement paper tray for other series of printers with HP cost between £5 - £20. This option is not available to me and as such I am having to consider purchasing a new printer. If so, I certainly would not be purchasing from HP again. This is in my view an unfair trading practice. More so, given the fact that the printer was purchased at a considerable sum, I would have expected the quality of the printer to have been more durable. This is clearly not the case. 

I would be grateful if anyone can direct me to HP's complaint department and your information would be deeply appreciated.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@12redsquirrels

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good luck @12redsquirrels!

I have been trying over a month now and have been unable to find one. WhatsApp and Twitter support only direct you to the Business Team, Sales Team, Technical Team or the post Sales Team - HP appear not to have a customer services department. 

None of the afore mentioned areas speak to one another, they all appear not to be able to access the same information and they also require different reference numbers.

In my experience, the only truly helpful department was the technical team who took the time and made the effort to establish that the printer the HP Sales Team had recommended I purchase did not actually have the functionality I had originally requested. Since then there have been numerous text exchanges and/or phone calls with all the afore mentioned areas and none of them know of a customer service team. 

The only way I can report my complaint, is to write a complaint to the individual who in the post sales team has done everything in their interest not to help me resolve my issue. All they want to do is collect my printer without caring if I can get a printer that actually has the functionality I require. Even when I asked them to confirm if the printer I was about to choose had the functionality, the post sales team wrote back confirming that they are not able to speak to their own colleagues in different departments, meaning that I would have to go through the whole routine of being on hold when repeatedly being transferred between the business and technical teams. Crazy that I have to write a complaint to the person I am complaining about who then is unable to pass it on to anyone else. It's likely just to be filed under spam.

I find it incredulous that a company such as this does not have an actual customer services department and does not wish to get to the heart of resolving issues for their customers.

I guess from their perspective if they can't receive any customer complaints then they can turn back and say to the exec board 'look what an amazing job we are doing, all of our customers are happy'.

HP Recommended

PS: @12redsquirrels - Just found the following link posted by @Paul_Tikkanen for a feedback form - it's a bit wishy washy as it doesn't actually deal with comments about products or services, but maybe still worth a try?

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

HP Recommended

I need the complaint escalated. This is truly a very unfair trading practice. 

HP Recommended

@myauntie

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.