Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7155

Disclaimer:  I have no access to serial numbers, etc.

This is a rez; many of our folks don't have computers, much less Internet access, and the person on whose behalf I'm writing has neither.

My husband and I bought an HP Envy 7155 all-in-one printer for an artist in our community (not knowing he wasn't using a computer).  He has an old HP Photosmart camera; with his old printer, he took photos of his artwork with the camera, then connected camera to printer with a cable and printed directly from the camera.

Is there a specific cable/adapter that will permit him to print directly from his camera to the new Envy 7155?  Neither computer nor wifi printing is an option.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AWings 

Does you old camera use SD card ? If yes, you can simply use SD card reader on printer and you should be able to print from there.

You can't connect your camera to your printer, this won't work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's our friend who has the camera (and card, and now printer; we had it shipped directly to him, because pandemic).

He tells me it has a sim card, but that there's no place on the printer to insert it.  Which made me think it might require a USB or other cable with an adapter on one end for inserting the sim?  I'm trying to navigate this purely by phone messages and without being able to see the equipment in question.

HP Recommended

I should also add that there may very well be a sim card reader on the printer, and he's just not seeing/recognizing it.  Apparently this is quite different from his [very] old photo printer, but I have yet to find an image of the printer to show me where it might be located.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.