cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Connecting older printer

HP Recommended
HP C4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I connect this older inkjel printer wirelessly to Windows 10? It works great with the USB attached, but I want the wireless connection.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 14
12,662 12,656 864 1,527
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Take a look at this HP support doc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ... no, the article did not help as I have Windows 10 (64bit)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
12,662 12,656 864 1,527
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Give this link a try.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks... but I have spent 2 days trying to simply connect this wirelessly, including online with a HP tech for ages who then took over control of the computer and got rid of my current anti-virus for the Microsoft one, and then left the conversation with mo resolution 2 hours later. Promised a call back that never happened.  I am just going to use the USB until I can afford a new printer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
12,662 12,656 864 1,527
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you get any error msg when you try to print?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, but I really can't spend any more time on this.  I am frustrated and I  have SERIOUSLY wasted 2 days....I cannot do this anymore. Simple solution: use the USB and wait until I can get a new printer someday.   Thank you for your replies, but I am moving on... really upset that I gave complete control to a tech with no resolution and the person never contacted me even though they asked for my phone number to call me back. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Dean...  I have had a lot of problems now as the first person to answer me (now post is deleted) was a hacker and I let him have control of my computer.... I have talked to HP and it seems there is no solution other than to  buy a new printer. And now I have the worry of what might be compromised. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
12,662 12,656 864 1,527
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should look into using the RESET option in Update & Security of Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't face resetting.... I have too much to reinstall and this whole thing has created a set-back in my timeline...  I am way behind deadlines for projects so now too stressed to manage computer reset.  I will just keep an eye on my accounts.  HP thinks it was more of a scammer, as he tried to "sell" me an Anti-virus programme and I didn't go for it so he did not get any of my credit card info.  Thanks anyway. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation