cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Connecting older printer

HP Recommended
HP C4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I connect this older inkjel printer wirelessly to Windows 10? It works great with the USB attached, but I want the wireless connection.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 14
12,673 12,667 865 1,529
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Take a look at this HP support doc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ... no, the article did not help as I have Windows 10 (64bit)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
12,673 12,667 865 1,529
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Give this link a try.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks... but I have spent 2 days trying to simply connect this wirelessly, including online with a HP tech for ages who then took over control of the computer and got rid of my current anti-virus for the Microsoft one, and then left the conversation with mo resolution 2 hours later. Promised a call back that never happened.  I am just going to use the USB until I can afford a new printer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
12,673 12,667 865 1,529
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you get any error msg when you try to print?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, but I really can't spend any more time on this.  I am frustrated and I  have SERIOUSLY wasted 2 days....I cannot do this anymore. Simple solution: use the USB and wait until I can get a new printer someday.   Thank you for your replies, but I am moving on... really upset that I gave complete control to a tech with no resolution and the person never contacted me even though they asked for my phone number to call me back. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Dean...  I have had a lot of problems now as the first person to answer me (now post is deleted) was a hacker and I let him have control of my computer.... I have talked to HP and it seems there is no solution other than to  buy a new printer. And now I have the worry of what might be compromised. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14
12,673 12,667 865 1,529
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should look into using the RESET option in Update & Security of Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't face resetting.... I have too much to reinstall and this whole thing has created a set-back in my timeline...  I am way behind deadlines for projects so now too stressed to manage computer reset.  I will just keep an eye on my accounts.  HP thinks it was more of a scammer, as he tried to "sell" me an Anti-virus programme and I didn't go for it so he did not get any of my credit card info.  Thanks anyway. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation