Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY PHOTO 7858
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have printed less than 50 1-page documents on this printer and I am constantly having issues where the ink has lines through it an really bad print quality.  It NEVER works when I need to print something.  Anytime I get it to is after spending 1 - 1.5 hours doing print head alignments, cleaning the print heads, uninstalling the driver and printer, reinstalling all the software and drivers.  Firmware and drivers are up to date...ink levels are fine.  This is the worst print I have ever owned.  Does anyone have a solution?  I'm not going through all of the above again.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

How long does the 7858 sit between print jobs?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Abput 6 - 8 weeks.  

HP Recommended

Deskjets are not designed to sit unused for more than 5-7 days.

The ink dries in the cartridge printheads.

You can try soaking the cartridge printheads in 1/4 inch of hot water for about 5 mins. (use rubber gloves)

Dry the cartridge & try printing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Good to know!  I'll try that next time.  Thanks so much for the advice!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.