Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet Ink-Advantage 3785
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a DeskJet InkAdvantage 3785 printer in South Africa. I have moved to Canada and cannot find compatible ink cartridges. The cartridges in SA were 652. I tried the 65 cartridge in Canada and the print does not recognize it. The compatibility tables on the support site do not show compatible cartridges for North America/ Canada. Please can you assist/ advise on what cartridges will work. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MYNalla

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to do a region reset for you to use the Printer in Canada.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. 

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Please do let us know.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day Betty. Thanks for the information. I have the USB cable connection. 
Can you send a link for the correct version of the printer full feature software?
Also can you advise which cartridges are compatible in Canada. In South Africa i was using the 652 cartridges which arent available here. Also the compatibility tables dont show which cartridge to use in Canada/North America. 
Once I have this info, i will get the right cartridges and contact HP to do a region reset. 

For reference, My printer is the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3785.

Thanks

HP Recommended

We can help you with the Region Reset if you allow us to 🙂

You can just use the HP Smart App instead of the drivers, it's easier: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

If you've the cartridges that you used in South Africa with you, we can do the Region Reset using those as well 🙂

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.