Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8012
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I had a problem with the printer, the cyan ink was not being printed. I tried cleaning the heads multiple times but it did not solve the problem.

I noticed an option on the printer to Reset the Printers I did that but when the printer restarted I got the message saying Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant ink.

The printer is enrolled but when I go into the instant ink web page it says that the printer is offline.

I can connect to the printer using the embedded web server.

There is an option on the printer to hide the message, if I select that then I get another message asking if I want to align the printhead but when I press continue the printer does not print anything.

What can I do to make the printer work again please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Paul310-d, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the printer is not printing in Cyan. As the printer was reset, the Instant Ink data on the printer has also been deleted. Hence, the printer has to be enrolled in Instant Ink again. There will be no charges.

For assistance, refer to - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink

To assist you better, I would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.