Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
All in One HP D110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I'd simply like to use my D110 printer without a color cartridge. I never print in color and if I put in a color cartridge they dry out and then I get an "incompatible cartridge" error. Either way, I can't get past that screen. Seems like it should just let me say "OK" so I can then get into the menu settings to configure the printer on my new wireless network.

To be clear, I *can* print if I send a job to the printer. 

The problem is I cannot bypass the screen to access other functions (such as network setup). 

Thanks all,

Bud

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is expected, using Ink-backup mode only allows printing from a computer, it does not allow accessing the printer menu, as clearly listed on Page 22 of its user guide:

ShlomiL_0-1610102114649.png

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02106007

You may either install a Tri-Color cartridge to access the Wireless menu, or get a temporary USB cable and reconfigure the wireless connection from your computer using its software and a temporary USB connection:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32503/mp-109779-3/Full_Webpack-140.0.408-5-PS_AIO_07_D1...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you, Shlomi,

I disagree that page page 22 of the user's manual clearly describes the screen locking permanently on the error message. It only says that an error message will appear. I take it by your reply, however, that there is no way to bypass it.

Be advised that I'm not trying to print in any specific mode. I can print without any problem when connected via USB. That is not the issue. The issue is that by being stuck on that screen, I cannot manually set the IP address of the printer, which reset for some reason.

I did download the utility you suggested and went through the "USB to Wireless" instructions several times. Each time I got this error:

Your printer has limited connectivity. Your printer is using IP address 169.254.205.168, which is not compatible with the IP address 192.168.15.151 of the PC. Power off your printer and then power on and wait 60 sec for the printer to acquire an IP address. Then click Retry.

I cycled the power, waited, and retried several times. It always came back up to the same IP. I also cycled the router and got the same result.

I don't recognize the printer's IP address. In the past, I had it set to 192.168.15.110. I don't know why it changed.

I'm using a wireless access point plugged into my Vonage router. My wireless laptop (on which I'm trying to setup the printer) connects through the access point. In the past, the printer also connected through the access point.

In the past, once I had the printer connected, I could browse to its IP Address and gain access to all of the features I needed. This was very nice. It gave me much more control than the software does. I'd like to be able to access the printer this way again.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Bud

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.