Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This company is illegally taking money from unsuspecting customers. Do not be a part of it. My printer says it is not online even though it is turned on and connected to the wifi. I called customer support and they told me that because it is out of warranty then I will be charged a fee just for**editedcustomer support. What type of **edited** is that. No company in history has charged for support. I could see it if I was asking for a replacement, but not support. If you want to even print something, no matter if you have ink or not, then you have to enroll in their warranty package and their ink package. That is a scam because when you go to the store, the people there insist that it is optional and only there if you want things replaced. This is completely illegal and HP needs to be sued

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @MW505

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Another unsuspecting "customer".  I have the same problem with an HP Laserjet.   Goes off line in the middle  of a print. The USB connection at the printer has no secure locking device or method of keeping the cable connected.  The slightest move of the printer, or even a movement of the cable at the computer USB connection disconnects the printer.  I am a very dissatisfied customer, but like most of corporate America, HP does not give a flip about its customers.

HP Recommended

Hi @JLTX

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i bought a hp 2600 series that locked me when setup was completed. regained control remotely. printer worked fine for a short period of time but no longer. biggest headache ever. now wont print and that brainless virtual is useless.

looking at another brand. dont like having to be on line for every little thing i print.

have another HP elsewhere and its ALWAYS low on ink. again, looking at other brands

HP Recommended

I did not reply to you because there is no way for HP to modify my printer to keep the cable from loosening.  I just reminisce about the days of pin connectors with screws to keep them attached to the outlet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.