cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 485
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LoisCA

Based on your comments I am going to re escalate your concerns

for further review and follow up.  

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 9 0 3
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got another email from HP. This one says my case is closed. So much for escalation.

In case anyone with authority reads this post and realizes how absurd this entire process has been: Don't even try calling me. You already have all my info, several times over. Send me a replacement cartridge or coupon, or never darken my inbox again.

I went to Staples today to buy a new cartridge. While I was there, I started looking for a new printer -- any brand but HP.

Tags (4)
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 9 0 3
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update:

I received a private message from an Executive Escalations Social Media Ambassador. He asked for "additional information," which he said he would forward to his colleagues once he gets my response. I had previously provided all requested information multiple times, with the exception of the country location and the forum name, both of which they already know.

However, I answered the questions again. Their assumption is that my complaint is about a printer, not a cartridge, so I once again provided information about both. I asked them not to contact me again except to provide a replacement cartridge, a coupon for purchase, or some other form of compensation.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Author
Level 2
12 9 0 3
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: After a couple more messages back and forth, HP offered to send a coupon to compensate for the replacement cartridge. For the record, this has taken over two weeks to resolve, and was resolved only with the ongoing help of @Bob_Headrick. Thanks again, Bob.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,112 26,493 2,406 8,709
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am glad I could help and your issue is (finally) resolved. 

I am sorry this was such an ordeal, I have been trying for some time to get the process fixed.  Unfortunately I do not have much leverage these days, other than to make cases like yours visible to HP management and suggest there has to be a better way.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation