Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3752
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

This printer worked wonderfully. All of the sudden, last week, it just starts printing VERY slowly. I've gone to every message board. Reset every setting. I wish I could tell you how long it took to print something, but every single time I start the print, the device times out before completion. Maybe it will take an hour or more for one page. I have NO idea what to do outside of buying a different brand. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@invinciblebandi

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Have you reset the network settings already?

Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've actually reset everything possible. I started with my own system settings, deleting and re-adding the printer. Then I resintalled the software. The drivers. Then I reset the network settings. Then I just completely reset the entire printer and started from scratch. Nothing changed the printer. It is slow when printing from my computer, and my phone. 

What I don't understand is how this happened so suddenly. There were no changes on my end, just one day it started to print SLOWLY. So slow, in fact, that the printer goes in to standby mode before finishing the job. How have so many people had this same issue?

HP Recommended

Did you try a firmware update?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, according to the online portal, everything is completely up to date.

HP Recommended

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.