Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-13-2016 09:54 AM
My DeskJet 3845 has ceased functioning. When attempting to print I get a message stating " ... is in an error state". I have replaced both colour and the blackcartidges but with no result. Ditto with re-booting and with removing and reinstalling the device. My devices file shows that I am now on (Copy 3) although no others are shown and Ctrl-P prings up a page showing a choice of 4 HP 3845 printers (0 to 3), none of which print and #3 giving the " ... is in an error state" message. What can I do to activate things properly? When it was running, it was giving good results but not now.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-14-2016 10:15 AM - edited 04-14-2016 10:16 AM
- A 'Mechanism Error' Displays for HP Deskjet 3000 Printer Series
- The Carriage is Stuck for HP Deskjet 3600 and 3840 Printer Series
04-14-2016 12:38 PM
Thanks for all that. All seems well now and the printer is functioning correctly. Can you now tell me how to remove all of the other Hp 3840 Series (LiDiL) (Copy #) apparent printers which now show on the Devices screen and on the General page seen when Ctrl-P is pressed?
04-14-2016 01:26 PM - edited 04-14-2016 01:27 PM
I'm very happy to hear that I was able to help you resolve the problem with the printer.
- On your computer open the Start screen by selecting the Windows icon on the bottom-left corner of the computer screen or by selecting the Windows key on the bottom-left of your keyboard.
- Under the Start screen type Devices and Printers.
- Click Devices and Printers to open the window.
- Right-click on one of the printer's that has Copy(#) on it. Only remove the duplicates.
- First, delete any jobs waiting to be printed by selecting Delete print queue and than click OK.
- Right-click on the printer again and click Remove Device and click Yes.
- Repeat the same action for the remaining duplicate printer entries.
- Now, left-click on Print server properties along the top menu.
- In the Print server properties window select the Drivers tab.
- Left-click on the Printer in the list and click Remove...
- Left-click Remove driver only (you need the driver package) and then click OK.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- On the next screen click Delete to remove the driver and then click OK.
- Repeat the same steps for all duplicates.
- Once you have removed the duplicates, click Close on the Print server properties Window.
04-15-2016 09:49 AM
More or less all OK now. The only bit not quite right is when I signal a Print command I still get a choice of two 3840 printers although the functioning one is highlighted. A very small point and not worth worrying over. Thanks very much for you help!