Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2624
iOS

Hello all. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. I’ve had this printer since 2018, no issues until now. I attempted to print a shipping label and a bunch of pages came out blank—I performed multiple printhead cleans and alignments, ink levels were perfectly fine not near depletion—and after a bunch of tries, I got a kinda visible label. Days later I attempted to print a payment confirmation—the color logo came out fine, another line of black text came out fine, but everything in the middle of the page (the actual confirmation info) completely blank. I did not see any drivers or updates that I could do for the printer. Not sure what else to do. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SNP918

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the print quality is not fine. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Try making a standalone copy in black and color to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

If you have tried the steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, I'm afraid this could be a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. I attempted to print out a shipping label (all black text) where the first few pages came out blank and then came out faded. I got a semi-decent page and accepted that but the quality did not improve. I then attempted to print a mixed color document where the color came out fine (top of page) and some black text right under the color text, but the info I needed was blank in the middle of the page. I have already attempted to reach out to HP support and I am not under a warranty so it seems like there aren’t any help options. 

HP Recommended

@SNP918, thank you for the response.

I understand your concern. If you have tried the steps and the issue persists, it could be an issue with the black ink cartridge or the printer itself.

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.