cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Deskjet F4850: communication problem between laptop and printer, and ink cartridge alignment

HP Recommended
Deskjet F4850
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For sometime the status of my Deskjet F4580 printer as shown in HP Solutions centre on my laptop is "Disconnected".  That notwithstanding, the the laptop is connected to the printer by the USB cable and the the printer prints and scans from the laptop without problems, which is why to date I have not been too troubled by the apparent disconnect between the reported status and the actual performance.

My problem arises from a recently installed black ink cartridge as text printed in black appears to be slightly out of alignment. I have tried to correct this through the "Align the print cartridge" tool in the Printer Toolbox in the HP Solutions centre but  I get a message saying this is not possible because the laptop and printer cannot communicate with each other.

A couple of years ago I had to reinstall the drivers and it my be the problem dates from then.

Any advice gratefully received

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,201 15,179 1,188 1,173
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JNS101052, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you have issues with printer alignment, let us try to isolate and resolve the issue-

Restart the printer and the computer > try aligning.

Change the USB port and see if that helps.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation