Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3634 All-in-One printer
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello,

I've been troubleshooting my printer for two days around printing slow and have not been able to change it.

When I send a job to the printer, it acts like it's going to print but constantly pauses after printing one line.  It takes at least 30 minutes or more to printer one document.

• I have the print quality set to draft so.  I've tried simple documents from Pages with just one word on them, pdf files, emails from Firefox, images through preview (png).  All take a long time.
  • I have reset the printer by unplugging it and waiting 60 seconds.
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drive on my computer twice.
  • I downloaded the firmware update but it gives me a message that it's not for my printer. It's the only one that is linked to my printer on the HP website.
  • I've checked my network and everything is working fine.
  • I tried plugging my computer in with the USB - acts the same way as if I send it wireless.
  • I've restarted my MAC a couple of times.
  • I've reset the printer, restarted and the printer again in my system settings.
  • I've ready multiple message boards for a solution.
  • Was getting the 'Failed filter' warning in the print queue but I think that has been resolved with another printer reset in the system settings.
  • Printer is almost 2 years old, I don't use it often but it worked great in the beginning besides pictures are always too dark.
  • Installed recycled ink cartridges in the last 6 months but printing was working normally right way.  This only started yesterday when I went to print a couple documents.

Please advise. I'm at a loss but I'm having to send documents and then come back hours later for them to be finished.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

A quick update.. I loaded the driver on another mac that is on macOS High Sierra and it's printing the same way.  I think I at least narrowed it down to the printer itself and not my computer.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue!  Any solutions out there???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.