cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Desktop connected by LAN cant find Wireless printer when both connected to same router

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope the community can offer some advice. My desktop PC is connected to the router by LAN cable and my HP printer is connected wirelessly but the desktop cant see the printer. My laptop and android phone see the printer and can print from it no problem just cant seem to get the desktop to connect to it. I have tried connecting the printer to the desktop by USB and installing all drivers and printing that way and it works fine but when I disconnect by USB and return to a wireless connection PC just says it is offline so I tried uninstalling the printer from the network and the drivers from the pc turned everything off including the router and re installed the printer wirelessly on the network and asked the desktop to search for the printer and it couldn’t find it. I have tried the HP network scan doctor and that cant help either. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance to anyone who is prepared to take the time to offer some advice

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,321 19,280 843 897
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@englandshope
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you able to connect to a wireless network? Desktop.

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Restore BIOS default settings.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation