Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6970

Hello

I have an officejet pro 6970 printer and wanted to know what the difference between 902 and 906 ink was? 

It looks like I can use both versions in my printer but what is the difference?

Thanks in Advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The 902 black is normal the 906 black is XL only and has higher print yield.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

They sell 902XL and 906XL

So what is the difference in these two? 

HP Recommended

Sorry, the 906XL is actually XXL and can print 1500 pages, the 902XL can print 825.

Valsimot_0-1606978145414.pngValsimot_1-1606978174184.png

You can find all details here.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.