cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Display screen for Officejet 6500 dissolved

HP Recommended
OFFICEJET 6500 WIFI
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello all,

I just want to follow up a post that has been closed by HP (why?) concerning the problem of LCD display unreadable on The HP OfficeJet 6500.

I confirm that the solution given by JRO123  in https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/Display-screen-for-Officejet-6500-dissolved... is perfect !

It actually does not rely on complicated apparatus or products: a air dryer (if you have got a mouthpiece to direct the flow of hot air, it's better...) and an eraser (that I have cutted to give it form suitable to press on the contacts of the ribbon cable of the LCD display), see here:

eraser.JPG

it works perfectly without too much care of operation... I recovered a usable display, thank's JRO123 !!!

The most difficult part was to mount and remove the front panel because of special screws so that users cannot easily dismount it...

I have a suggestion: why HP doesn't expand on this by including this solution in it's help pages for users in distress? (OK, I'm just kidding :-)))

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,112 26,493 2,406 8,710
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting your results.  I am glad this resolved the issue for you.

The post you refer to (here) is nearly seven years old and has over fifty responses. HP likes to keep the forum recent.  Old posts and/or posts with many responses are typically moved to the archive board.  This board is still searchable with search engines, but the posts there are read only.   

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation